is a new business model where traditional industries align with technology and
the Internet which gains rapid expansion in China recently. It is said that in
the future, 40% of China’s GDP is expected to be contributed by these enterprises
that have realized this business mode. As the Internet+ economy gains impetus, it
breaks down the barriers and drives new innovation in traditional industries, such
as cultural, creative, and entertainment creative industries.
This stimulating environment encourages brands to build partnerships with well-known Intellectual Property (IP) and produce co-branding products. The Palace Museum, also known as the Forbidden City, is one of the most widely recognized and successful cultural IP in China. Qiulong Penholder is the collaboration between Forbidden City and Qingyi.
Team Qingyi set their sights on China four treasures of the study. They aim to promote traditional culture among teenagers with a combination of modern design and craftsmanship. They hope to create awareness among people and look at traditional Chinese spirit and culture in a new way.
In the Ming Dynasty, pet cats became a fashion. The Jiajing Emperor was a famous cat lover. Qingyi designed the following five penholders based on the Royal Cat - Qiulong which is one of the favorite cats of Jiajing Emperor. Jiajing Emperor loves the cat deeply that he once held a grand ceremony in honor of the emperor to name the cat “Qiulong”. The material used for the penholder is Dehua white porcelain which exhibits exquisite craftsmanship and beautiful glaze. Qiulong penholder makes us look at traditional craftsmanship as cool and help to prevent the extinction of traditional culture.
Royal Cat Qiulong
Royal Cat Qiulong DaiLiao 待撩丨9.5cm×5.2cm×2.5cm
Royal Cat Qiulong AoLi 傲立丨7cm×6cm×3.8cm
Royal Cat Qiulong ShuTi 舒体丨9.5cm×6cm×4.5cm
Royal Cat Qiulong MengShi 萌视丨8cm×4.8cm×3.2cm
Royal Cat Qiulong MiaoXiang 喵想丨6cm×5.2cm×5cm
Have you found these 5 Royal Cats in the manuscript provided by the designer?
After the design completed, they chose to work with WeNext for prototype verification. Based on the design and requirements, we decided to produce the prototype with SLA 3D printing technology and with Somos® GP Plus 14122 resin material. Somos® GP Plus 14122 resin is a material that could produce high precision and smooth surface parts. The material is good for post-treatment such as painting, plating, and screen printing. It is the preferred material for prototype verification with competitive pricing.
Resin proofing product
After the product prototype is verified to
be correct, we use the printed prototype as a model to make a mold for the
following mass production.
Mold making in WeNext
Finally, a batch of vivid cats appeared
after firing them to 1300 degrees.
WeNext is a leading digital additive manufacturing solution provider for rapid prototyping and on-demand production. WeNext provides professional services such as 3D printing, CNC Machining, injection molding, and vacuum casting for various industries.
Founded in 2014, WeNext has since produced more than 15 million parts and served more than 200,000 users. With our large and efficient digital production facilities, we could produce high-quality parts; reduce operation cost and production time, as short as 1 day. We aim to transform traditional manufacturing and revolutionize the rapid prototyping industry.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any inquiries.
- Wenext Raises $15 Million in Series A Funding
- Interview of Michael Young: The World of Design Master
- The Social Space Project for Women - Clout ft. WeNext
- New Year New factory
- The Adorable Royal Cat - Qiulong Penholder ft. WeNext
- Mind-blowing 3D Printed Eardrops that will Change Your Perception (Free Downloadable STL)
- A'Design Award Winner - Gizelle Cat Litter Box ft. WeNext
- WeNext : Modular All-In-1 Desktop Robot Arm - Hexbot Went Viral and Funded 14M in 2 Months
- The First Compact Digital Rolling Ruler – ROLLOVA ft. WeNext
- Award-Winning Underwater FIFISH V6 - Collaboration between Farsoon Technologies and WeNext
- Luming Vase (Free Download STL File)
- SIMiONIC flightsim: Everyone Can Fly ft. WeNext
- Case study-Chongqing Guofei Aviation Rescue
- List of Medical Supplies that you can 3D Print at this critical time
- Award Winning Beach Cleaner - Vancy featuring WeNext
- Global 3D Printing Statistics of 2019
- FGW Spinning Bike Shortlisted for Red Dot Design Award featuring WeNext
- WeNext Resumed Operations and Service Schedule Update
- PuduTech Delivery Robots to the Rescue and Fight Against Coronavirus
- WeNext Office Closure Notice Till 9 Feb 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)